OUR PAST

OUR AIRPORT HAS WITHSTOOD THE TEST OF TIME WITH THANKS TO MANY INFLUENTIAL AVIATORS WHO CALLED THIS HOME BASE.

The World War 2 airman who trained here to defend our country.

Dorothy Rungeling who has been enshrined in aviation as a pioneer of female pilots and who’s name our airport is identified with.

Geoffrey Brooks, who envisioned and developed the Welland Airport Commission.

H. Bruce Macritchie, who operated the airport for over 30 years, through unstable times in the general aviation industry when many small airports were unable to survive.

Mr. Macritchie throughout that period led a group of volunteers, restoring 6 World War 2 aircraft along with 4 Vintage aircraft.

COPA members whose dedication and selfless acts of kindness to children has undoubtedly spawned some of the aviators of today and continues to enhance the airport with their volunteer activities and pride of being part of an organization that quietly makes a difference every day in many lives.

The Air Cadets have been a fixture at the airport for ages. Their leadership of youth has provided us with our leaders in the past, present and future.

We also honour every pilot and person that has utilized our airport because without them, we do not exist.

OUR PRESENT

WE ARE HOME TO MANY DIVERSE FACETS OF AVIATION

AIR CADETS BASE AND GLIDER TRAINING

AVIATION RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

COMMERCIAL OPERATORS

MANY PRIVATE HANGARS

VOLUNTEER COPA WING

NEW RENTAL HANGARS

OUR FUTURE

PROPOSED MORE RENTAL HANGARS TO MEET DEMAND

NEW COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES

RUNWAY IMPROVEMENTS

INCREASED INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS

COMMERCIAL LAND LEASES

Get in Touch

For hangar rentals and leases, click here

For flying lessons and sightseeing, click here

For skydiving, click here

For fuel price, click here

For Air Cadets, click here

For van rental and COPA, click here

Niagara Central Dorothy Rungeling Airport may be reached by email or by phone at 905-714-1000.

Acting Facility Operator: Nancy Giles

The office is located in the administration building across from the main hangar.